Sunday 20 July 2014

Proud

I am only 4 days back into Slimming World and I already feel different, it feels this time could really be the last time and I already have so much to be proud of.
 
Firstly, last night I was offered a free meal to a Greek night, I love Greek food but politely declined. I saw the menu beforehand and apart from the fruit salad there was nothing I would have been able to eat and stay on plan. I know you can say, "its only one meal" " its a treat" "its a one off" but that one meal would have been a weeks worth of syns, probably thrown me off track and affected my first weigh in - definitely not worth it!
 
Today was my 7th Race for Life, my first proud moment came when I took a selfie and uploaded to Instagram - I couldn't believe it was me and how slim I looked - it is definitely something for me to admit I look slim. This has really spurred me on and motivated me to get to target.
 
 
I very rarely see my true reflection in the mirror, most of the time I see the 16 stone me not the 14 stone 6.5lb me!
 
I completed the Race for Life in 52 minutes, my fastest yet, last year was 56. Over the last 7 years times have ranged from 56 minutes - 75 minutes so I am so impressed with myself. 4 minutes off last years and a whopping 23 minutes off my slowest! I am amazed.
 
 
Afterwards I recovered quicker, usually I need a long rest, the 10 minute walk back to the car is a killer and I am wiped out for the rest of the day. Today I practically ran back to the car, I was full of energy. My cousin (whose daughter I did it with) offered us lunch of crusty baguettes with roast chicken (my favourite!!) but again I politely declined and went to my grandma in laws for our usual low syn Sunday lunch. Much more filling and nutritional too!
 
My previous nights after the Race for Life included slobbing in front of the TV, take away (even when I was still on SW!) and not moving for the night. Tonight involved trying a new recipe, syn free carbonara and going for another 2 mile walk (after 3 miles this morning!) around the golf course. I hardly recognise myself haha!
 
I have so much to be proud of today and I feel like a new person and really feel like I am looking at someone elses life not mine. I get the feeling there are only more proud moments to come and my life is going to change dramatically and I really cant wait. This is the life I deserve, the life of a fit and healthy 23 year old not a 23 year old acting like an older person with aches, pains and other ailments!
 
Thank you for all your support so far!
 
Food diary - extra easy
B - 2 wholemeal bread toasted (healthy b), 1 tsp Lurpak light (1.5 syns), 2 slices of ham & 1 tbsp. ketchup (1 syn)
L - gammon, peas, green beans, carrots, onions, roast potatoes, boiled potatoes, Yorkshire pudding (2.5 syns), gravy (2.5 syns)
D - Carbonara using healthy extra a
S - mini twister (2)
 
9.5 syns

1 comment: